It is currently Wed Sep 30, 2026 7:09 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Preserved Ghosts?
PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2004 10:14 am 

This is somewhat an off topic subject but has some entertainment value. I have attempted to place a link into this posting that is a story out of Canada about a supposedly haunted preserved interurban car. Is this an extremely rare occurance? I'd be interested to know if are other "ghost stories" out there.

http://www.staging.canada.com/vancouver/story.html?id=6149e880-c279-4e86-8432-a3f75db186a1
B_Duensing@msn.com


  
 
 Post subject: Re: Preserved Ghosts?
PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2004 12:35 pm 

> Is this an extremely rare occurance? I'd be
> interested to know if are other "ghost
> stories" out there.

There are many stories of the ghost of Capt. Mary Becker Greene on the Delta Queen.

Wesley


  
 
 Post subject: Re: Preserved Ghosts?
PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2004 1:10 pm 

It seems like pretty much every old ship has a ghost or at least a ghost story. Most of the haunted train stories I have heard involved ghost trains or haunted locations rather than actual locomotives or cars. I'm sure there must be some good stories out there though. Maybe this is more of a thread for the Chaski board?


richard@northeasternmaritime.org


  
 
 Post subject: Re: Preserved Ghosts?
PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2004 2:09 pm 

> There are many stories of the ghost of Capt.
> Mary Becker Greene on the Delta Queen.

> Wesley

Link: http://groups.msn.com/RivermenRiverboat ... reene.msnw

Ghost of Captain Mary


  
 
 Post subject: Re: Preserved Ghosts?
PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2004 9:25 pm 

> It seems like pretty much every old ship has
> a ghost or at least a ghost story. Most of
> the haunted train stories I have heard
> involved ghost trains or haunted locations
> rather than actual locomotives or cars. I'm
> sure there must be some good stories out
> there though. Maybe this is more of a thread
> for the Chaski board?

I work for a shortline and our steam shop has a ghost that has done several different things to different people. I know our engine was in pretty nasty accident during it's life. Makes you wonder.

~George


midh91@hotmail.com


  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to: