It is currently Tue Sep 29, 2026 12:31 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: What to my wondering eyes should appear...
PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2004 11:06 pm 

northbound on I-15 at 0910H this morning twenty eight miles south of Provo, UT a flatbed semi with four (or was it five?) steam engine driver/axle sets. I was southbound at the time, already late for my first patients, so I couldn't U-turn to give "chase".

Is someone in So. California sending the sets back east for servicing or what?

sc 'doc' lewis

Heber Valley Railroad
utweyesguy@aol.com


  
 
 Post subject: Re: What to my wondering eyes should appear...
PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2004 11:55 am 

> northbound on I-15 at 0910H this morning
> twenty eight miles south of Provo, UT a
> flatbed semi with four (or was it five?)
> steam engine driver/axle sets. I was
> southbound at the time, already late for my
> first patients, so I couldn't U-turn to give
> "chase".

About a month ago, the Grand Canyon Rwy listed their 2-8-0 located at the MGM-Las Vegas for sale on Railswap. The listing mentioned a desire to move quickly further stating if the engine was not sold in a short time it was going back to Williams for static display. Perhaps, GCRy found a buyer.


  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2929
PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2004 1:39 pm 

T.J.,

Yes, I think that Cranbrook is working on a deal. I have a newsletter from there that has her at the head of one of their passenger trains and listed as pending.

Nothing recent though.

Ted

ted_miles@nps.gov


  
 
 Post subject: Georgetown Loop's Final Year
PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2004 10:24 pm 

Just saw on Trainorders that this will be the last year for operations at the Georgetown Loop RR. Here is a link to the press relese. Sad to see another line go.
-Justin Franz


http://www.gtownloop.com/lastseason.htm
qcmrs18@yahoo.com


  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to: