It is currently Wed Sep 30, 2026 8:05 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Railway history scholars
PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2004 9:01 am 

Note the term above used in this Indian newspaper article. Good way to describe yourself next time you're being interviewed by the girl from the local paper. Sounds better than the usual "rail buff" or "train collector".

http://sify.com/cities/mumbai/fullstory.php?id=13447296
ryarger@rypn.org


  
 
 Post subject: Re: Railway history scholars
PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2004 9:32 am 

Hi Bob,

I particularly liked the "eminent" city historian title. How about "Eminent Railway History Scholar?"

de Don, N2QHV

http://www.rmli.org
n2qhv@arrl.net


  
 
 Post subject: Re: Railway history scholars
PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2004 10:42 am 

Ahh, the beauty of symantics. While the University of Louisville considers me a graduate assistant, I am called a Graduate Fellow by the center I work for.

I once applied for a job with a Congresswoman. She needed a "District Administrator" which meant that I would be the person answering phones out front.

Hmm, my M.A. thesis defense is Friday, After that, I can start calling myself "Railway Historian," or "Railway History Researcher." I like it!

david.wilkins@bardstown.com


  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to: