It is currently Wed Sep 30, 2026 8:07 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Parts source? *PIC*
PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2004 3:42 pm 

I'm looking for the type of waterglass valve handles pictured below. I've checked all the obvious suppliers, but no luck so far. Can anyone recommend a vendor that sells these?

Image


  
 
 Post subject: Re: Parts source?
PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2004 9:28 pm 

What does it say on the surface of the valve. If you cannot find one, bring the handle to a machinist, I am sure a good one could make you a new one.

Good luck,

Rich

> I'm looking for the type of waterglass valve
> handles pictured below. I've checked all the
> obvious suppliers, but no luck so far. Can
> anyone recommend a vendor that sells these?


Connecticut Eastern Railroad Museum
crij5519@earthlink.net


  
 
 Post subject: Re: Parts source?
PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2004 12:40 am 

> I'm looking for the type of waterglass valve
> handles pictured below. I've checked all the
> obvious suppliers, but no luck so far. Can
> anyone recommend a vendor that sells these?
How many are you looking for?

catnap@westpa.net


  
 
 Post subject: Re: Parts source?
PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2004 7:27 am 

Try Ernst Flow link below. Or Contact McMaster-Carr to see if they can source them, if they are still made.

Ernst Flow


  
 
 Post subject: Re: Parts source?
PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2004 9:00 am 

If you can spare one for a while, Cat Tail Foundry near Strasburg, PA can use it for a pattern and make as many as you would want. They do this sort of "knockoff" work for hobbyists and old machinery restorers all of the time, and are very reasonably priced. They can be reached at 717-661-9172


Strasburg Rail Road
kelly@strasburgrailroad.com


  
 
 Post subject: Re: Parts source? *PIC*
PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2004 10:52 am 

Thanks for all the responses. I'd already checked with McMaster, Bernie Watts, and other usual suppliers before posting the original message. I guess I will end up getting some replicas cast.

I just thought that, with all the operating steam locomotives out there, with 2 waterglasses each, that maybe someone was still producing handles or offering reproduction handles.

Image


  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to: