It is currently Wed Sep 30, 2026 11:20 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: TVRM Production History
PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2004 2:29 pm 

TVRM Film Production History (incomplete)

ƒ¡ ¡§Chandeliers & Palaces¡¨ with Johnny Cash

ƒ¢ ¡§Fools Parade¡¨ with Jimmy Stewart

ƒ£ ¡§The Last Days of Frank & Jesse James¡¨ with Johnny Cash and Kris Kristofferson

ƒ¤ ¡§Franklin & Eleanor¡¨ with McKenzie Phillips, Jane Alexander, David Huffman and Edward Herrmann

Ĵ Chattanooga Chew tobacco commercial

ƒ¦ Tennessee Tourism commercial

ƒ§ ¡§Christy¡¨ with Kellie Martin and Tyne Daly

ƒ¨ ¡§COBB¡¨ with Tommy Lee Jones

ĩ Levis Strauss commercial (European release)

ĩ Music videos including: Confederate Railroad, Aaron-Jeoffrey, Desert Rose Band, The Hollanders

ƒÃ


  
 
 Post subject: Re: TVRM Production History *PIC*
PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2004 4:13 pm 

Okay, I give up. What do all thes symbols mean ahead of each movie example>

Not to be picky, but Wasn't fools parade done in West Virginia someplace, not TVRM...Likewise some of the others. As I remember it, 4501 was painted black and was a Baltimore and Ohio Engine for that one.

I even chased it from Cincinnati to about Georgetown, Ky with 4 coaches after the shooting. She sure looked good....One of my photos of this train was actually in an Article on the NS/Southern Steam program in L&RP I think by John Craft. That train looked really good, one of the best I saw back in those days as to authentic looking(except for the B&O of course).

I could only chase part way, as we had tickets for the Reds-Orioles first game of the World Series in Cincinnati. Reds lost in that first year of the new stadium. Now the stadium and the NS Steam program are history!!! Oh well...some good times nevertheless.

Greg Scholl

Videos
Image
sales@gregschollvideo.com


  
 
 Post subject: Re: TVRM Production History
PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2004 4:20 pm 

> Okay, I give up. What do all thes symbols
> mean ahead of each movie example>

Heck if I know. That showed up when I "pasted" the text.

> Not to be picky, but Wasn't fools parade
> done in West Virginia someplace, not
> TVRM...Likewise some of the others. As I
> remember it, 4501 was painted black and was
> a Baltimore and Ohio Engine for that one.

The listing if that of projects in which TVRM was involved...not necessarily on TVRM property. For that matter "October Sky" was filmed in Harriman, Oliver Springs, and Lake City (all in East Tennessee) back in 1998. #4501 was temporarily painted B&O black for "Fools Parade" but permanently SR black several years prior to "October Sky" (but temporarily relettered to N&W.) See more info of the 1998 filming on the "movie trains" website below.

RTMS
sfreer@tvrail.com


  
 
 Post subject: Re: TVRM Production History
PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2004 7:06 pm 

Thanks Steve. I was discussing this with someone about 10 or so years ago and recalled the conversation when I saw the Turner video. I was a Country VJ a number of years ago and we had one called "This Old Heart" that was filmed there with the 610 also.

BTW, Greg, I was a little kid during the Cin-Bal World Series and only vaguely remember it. Thanks for making this soon-to-be-42-year-old feel so young. Hehe.


  
 
 Post subject: Re: TVRM Production History
PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2004 11:09 am 

> Thanks Steve. I was discussing this with
> someone about 10 or so years ago and
> recalled the conversation when I saw the
> Turner video. I was a Country VJ a number of
> years ago and we had one called "This
> Old Heart" that was filmed there with
> the 610 also.

> BTW, Greg, I was a little kid during the
> Cin-Bal World Series and only vaguely
> remember it. Thanks for making this
> soon-to-be-42-year-old feel so young. Hehe.

I'm pretty sure Fool's parade was filmed at Moundsville, WV on the old B&O.


firedog10fdm@yahoo.com


  
 
 Post subject: Re: TVRM Production History
PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2004 3:05 pm 

> I'm pretty sure Fool's parade was filmed at
> Moundsville, WV on the old B&O.

That is correct. We waited on the B&O west of Chillicothe, and it got delayed so we finally gave up, but the B&O had a diesel with it anyway. The next day back on the Southern it ran sans diesels as I indicated.

A side note...the World Series was famous for Brooks Robinson's vacuum-cleaner-like glove at third base robbing Reds hitters time and again, and for the return of Frank Robinson to Cincinnati after the Reds made their all-time worst trade for Milt Pappas. I think Frank won the triple crown that year!!! Anyway this was the beginning of the Big Red Machine, which was really good from about 1970-1977, and won back to back World Series in 1975-76.

Another interesting side bar...If you like Steamboats. We transfered to Betacam Video, my dads movies, and he has a shot of the Riverfront Stadium under construction in 1969, taken from a departing Delta Queen. My folks took a 2-3 day cruise back then.

Cincinnati was a great place for steam in the 70's and 80's, with the likes of the Southern, and later NS Steam Schedule, the Chessie specials with 2101, then 614, Nickel Plate 765, and even L&N 152. The last one through here was 611 in Sept 1994, just before they announced it would end. 10 years ago!!!
Greg

Videos
sales@gregschollvideo.com


  
 
 Post subject: Re: TVRM Production History
PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2004 3:47 pm 

I'm certain that Harry and the others of us that were around during the filming of "October Sky" remember the "temporary" N&W markings quite well. Seems that the movie company thought they'd come off easier than they did (had to strip the tender and repaint it). Our last production to date, "The Adventures of Ociee Nash" was shot using TVRM crews and equipment both on property (East Chattanooga depot and VM Tower) and on the Chattooga and Chickamauga Railway.

awalker1829@yahoo.com


  
 
 Post subject: Re: VM Tower
PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2004 5:24 pm 

Our last
> production to date, "The Adventures of
> Ociee Nash" was shot using TVRM crews
> and equipment both on property (East
> Chattanooga depot and VM Tower) and on the
> Chattooga and Chickamauga Railway.

Alan-
Please don't get everyone excited about a tower on the ex-ETV&G mainline governing movements through Whiteside Tunnel! (jk) Maybe you should say that "Abbyville, MS" was represented at the former VM Tower location near Missionary Ridge Tunnel. Granted, you did unearth a portion of the foundation of the tower!
Have fun in Arizona, or New Mexico, or wherever you are this week!
Steve


VM Tower on ETV&G (now TVRM)
sfreer@tvrail.com


  
 
 Post subject: Re: VM Tower
PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2004 8:28 pm 

Hey, I'm just identifying the location by its proper name. By the way, for those of you that do eventually see "The Adventures of Ociee Nash", no rain machines were used during the filming of the railroad scenes-it rained all day, every day of the filming.

As to my present status, I'm at home in Tucson. Tomorrow I have a day trip to Phoenix and I leave Thursday evening for Anaheim, CA and Disneyland, returning Sunday morning. At the end of the month, I relocate to Chama and will spend most/all of the summer there. While you all are working on the 90+ degree, 100% humidity days I'll be thinking of you!

awalker1829@yahoo.com


  
 
 Post subject: Re: TVRM'er on the C&TS
PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2004 10:20 pm 

For those of you riding the Cumbres & Toltec this summer --- If you opt for the train ride over C&TS' full 64 miles with return via bus, your driver just might be TVRM's missing conductor! Say hello to Alan and be prepared for a interesting conversation full of accurate, historical information about railroading in the South!

Alan's "Railroads of Chattanooga" book
sfreer@tvrail.com


  
 
 Post subject: The Amazon link......
PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2004 10:25 pm 

Pre-order a copy, carry it with you to C&TS, and have Alan add his autograph!

Amazon link
sfreer@tvrail.com


  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Amazon link......
PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2004 10:36 pm 

They'll have a 1 in 3 chance of riding with me, 1 in 2 if they ride the 45 foot buses since I'll be driving one of them

awalker1829@yahoo.com


  
 
 Post subject: Re: CATS bus
PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2004 11:27 pm 

> They'll have a 1 in 3 chance of riding with
> me, 1 in 2 if they ride the 45 foot buses
> since I'll be driving one of them.

All Aboooooaaaaarrrrrdddddd!!!!!!!!!!!


sfreer@tvrail.com


  
 
 Post subject: Re: CATS bus
PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2004 12:15 am 

> All Aboooooaaaaarrrrrdddddd!!!!!!!!!!!

If you want to make your train or get back to your car/hotel, yes. From what I make of their commercial website, they're only running one train Monday through Thursday and two trains on the weekends. I think that on M and W, the train runs from Chama to Antonito and on T and TH from Antonito to Chama.

awalker1829@yahoo.com


  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to: