It is currently Wed Sep 30, 2026 10:20 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: 1,000,000 RyPN Visitor!
PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2004 3:40 pm 

Congratulations to Jim Vaitkunas who was the official 1,000,000th visitor to the RyPN site.

I will contact Jim this evening to give him his prize options.

Railway Preservation News
hkading@rypn.org


  
 
 Post subject: Re: 1,000,000 RyPN Visitor!
PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2004 4:07 pm 

> Congratulations to Jim Vaitkunas who was the
> official 1,000,000th visitor to the RyPN
> site.

> I will contact Jim this evening to give him
> his prize options.

Prize?? PRIZE???? Howcum nobody told me about this? I woulda popped in more frequently (and continued your server crashes, natch) had I known!

So what's the prize, a cab ride on a QJ in China? (Airfare extra, of course....)

LNER4472-NOSPAM-@bcpl.net


  
 
 Post subject: Re: 1,000,000 RyPN Visitor!
PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2004 4:25 pm 

> I woulda popped in more
> frequently (and continued your server
> crashes, natch) had I known!

So YOU'RE the one using up all the server resources, huh?

Quit pushing the attendant call button just to ask for more peanuts. We need them for the hamster that's powering the generator.

;-)

JAC


  
 
 Post subject: Re: 1,000,000 RyPN Visitor!
PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2004 4:37 pm 

> Prize?? PRIZE???? Howcum nobody told me
> about this? I woulda popped in more
> frequently (and continued your server
> crashes, natch) had I known!

That's excatly why we didn't announce it. We didn't want an inflated hit count from people trying to get the 1,000,000th hit.

Prize options include but not limited to:
Subscription to Trains
Gift membership in NRHS or R&LHS
Donation to your favorite RR preservation related charity in your name
Cash (well, uh, a check)

Railway Preservation News
hkading@rypn.org


  
 
 Post subject: Re: 1,000,000 RyPN Visitor!
PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2004 4:46 pm 

> Prize options include but not limited to:
> Subscription to Trains
> Gift membership in NRHS or R&LHS
> Donation to your favorite RR preservation
> related charity in your name
> Cash (well, uh, a check)

I was hoping for a seat on the next Norfolk-Southern steam special.


glueck@maine.edu


  
 
 Post subject: Re: 1,000,000 RyPN Visitor!
PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2004 8:54 pm 

To the entire RyPN staff, congratulations!


SJHussar@aol.com


  
 
 Post subject: Re: 1,000,000 RyPN Visitor!
PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2004 10:51 am 

> Prize?? PRIZE???? Howcum nobody told me
> about this? I woulda popped in more
> frequently (and continued your server
> crashes, natch) had I known!

> So what's the prize, a cab ride on a QJ in
> China? (Airfare extra, of course....)

HEY! You already won one 'contest' (for questioning who the CMBY RY is)...

Ain't winning one unannounced contest enough?

Semper Vaporo,
Charles T. McCullough
CMBY RY


  
 
 Post subject: Re: 1,000,000 RyPN Visitor! *PIC*
PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2004 7:30 pm 

RyPN Readers:

What a pleasant surprise when I got the note from Hume that I was the one-millionth visitor. I assure you that it was pure luck.

FYI, since I have subscribed to Trains since the early 60s and am a long-time member of both NRHS and R&LHS, I decided that the cash would go to our next restoration project here at Minn. Transportation Museum, which is the restoration of a single truck streetcar that operated in Winona, Minnesota from 1914 to 1938. No. 10 was built by the St, Lous Car Company and is one of only a few (I count five) existing examples in any condition of a single-truck city car built between 1910-1917 of composite wood and steel construction.

Thanks again to Hume and the RyPN staff for doing such a fine job.

Jim Vaitkunas
Minnesota Transportation Museum

Traction Division

Minnesota Transportation Museum
Image
jvaitkunas@msn.com


  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to: