It is currently Thu Oct 01, 2026 12:01 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: No. 90's sister
PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 10:47 pm 

Joined: Sun Aug 22, 2004 9:35 am
Posts: 8139
Location: Wilton, NY
Baldwin stock model decapod, built for the Seaboard Air Line, last used by the Gainesville Midland in Georgia. On display at Winder, GA.

http://www.railroadforums.com/photos/sh ... ll&page=18


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: No. 90's sister
PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 9:01 am 
Site Admin

Joined: Tue Aug 10, 2004 2:31 pm
Posts: 68
bobyar2001 wrote:
Baldwin stock model decapod, built for the Seaboard Air Line, last used by the Gainesville Midland in Georgia. On display at Winder, GA.


Winder happens to be you Moderator's father's ancestral home town--my dad was raised on a cotton farm next to the Gainsville Midland four miles north of Winder (note--Winder is on the abandoned branch of the GM, not the suviving route to Athens).

I worshipped that engine as a train-loving little boy--I begged my parents to go see it every time we went to Winder to visit.

I watched this locomotive being moved to its current shelter on a new siding next to the SAL depot (now Chamber of Commerce) when I was a teenager, in town to see my relatives. I should still have some black and white photos of the move somewhere in my files.


Offline
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to: