It is currently Thu Oct 01, 2026 1:06 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Sierra RR 1964
PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 1:08 am 

Joined: Sun Aug 22, 2004 9:35 am
Posts: 8139
Location: Wilton, NY
Some photos taken in 1964 of the Jamestown yard of Sierra RR, including a very derelict 2-8-0 No. 18.

http://wx4.org/to/foam/shortlines/sierra/1964.html


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Sierra RR
PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 3:18 pm 

Joined: Mon Aug 23, 2004 1:05 am
Posts: 1140
Location: San Francisco
Bob,

I hope you see this, I am not sure I understand the bells and whistles on this new site yet.

Anyway, the point I wanted to make is that the station building at Jamestown burned down for the second time about 1984, about the time i moved here to California. I think it is a shame that the building has not been rebuilt.

They have done some good work putting in fire supression and repairs to the wood sills that hold the buildings up.

Now about that station?

Ted Miles


Offline
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to: