It is currently Thu Oct 01, 2026 1:06 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Come Ride Plymouth #1 and Caboose at Strasburg RR Daily!
PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 7:44 pm 

Joined: Sun Aug 22, 2004 7:37 pm
Posts: 299
For the month of August as part of the "Imagine the World" theme month, Strasburg RR is offering a rare daily caboose hop within yard limits at Strasburg, with Plymouth #1 and the DT&I wooden caboose. Ride boards at East Strasburg depot after reg. train departs and before it returns (x2 an hour), continues to J-Tower, backs through run around, reverses direction at east end of coach yard and passes regular steam train near enginehouse on siding before returning to depot. If I recall correctly, the price is $2 per person if you have already purchased the regular train ride ticket, or $5 per person without reg. tickets. It is also included in the other "package" railroad tickets offered. Come relieve a piece of Strasburg RR history last experienced in the late 50s and early 60s!


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: My faux pas--I meant September, NOT August! ;-)
PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 7:45 pm 

Joined: Sun Aug 22, 2004 7:37 pm
Posts: 299
My faux pas--I meant September, not August!


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Plymouth rides
PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 3:50 pm 

Joined: Sun Aug 22, 2004 6:53 pm
Posts: 14
Location: Lancaster PA
Kurt- You beat me to it. I was going to correct you. So far the rides have been popular, people love caboose rides.


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Come Ride Plymouth #1 and Caboose at Strasburg RR Daily!
PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 7:01 pm 

Joined: Mon Aug 23, 2004 8:17 am
Posts: 102
Location: Wilmington DE
I was up at Strasburg today, and I rode the caboose ride. Now, all I have to do is ride the LO&S car and the blue thing, and I've rode behind everything.

Nice job!

_________________
Al Patterson


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Caboose rides
PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 7:11 pm 

Joined: Sun Aug 22, 2004 6:53 pm
Posts: 14
Location: Lancaster PA
Al- Thomas will be here for 9 days starting Sept. 18 and the L.O.&S. starts the beginning of November.
We probably spoke today as I was the redcap.

Tom


Offline
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to: