It is currently Thu Oct 01, 2026 5:01 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Everybody still OK?
PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 8:28 am 

Joined: Mon Aug 23, 2004 8:17 am
Posts: 614
Location: Taylors, SC
Just wondering how everyone else in the South is faring after the hurricane. A couple tornadoes touched down near SCRM's railroad yesterday (Tue), but as near as I could determine we didn't get any real damage. Of course, it'll take a trip over the line to find out for sure.

_________________
Matt Conrad -- scrmcurator@yahoo.com
Join the secret world of trains.
Feel the pleasure, touch the pain.
Drift into yesterday. --Jethro Tull


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Everybody still OK?
PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 5:07 am 

Joined: Sun Aug 22, 2004 5:15 am
Posts: 718
Location: Illinois
Well, I hope the preservation community fared OK. I suspect that water might be the real villain. If I remember a museum in Bloomsburg PA was ruined and never recovered after flooding from a hurricane that came north and inland. Ed Blossom worked there and I think a lot of the funding came courtesy of a local owner of a carpet mill. Was that storm "Agnes"?

Bob Kutella


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: OK here in VA
PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 7:54 am 

Hi
We are ok here in the western part of Virginia. got lots of rain to be sure.
Andrew


  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to: