It is currently Thu Oct 01, 2026 1:46 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Interchange troubles:service unavailable
PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2004 1:11 pm 

Joined: Sun Aug 22, 2004 11:06 am
Posts: 543
Location: NE PA
Anyone else getting the Service unavailable pages while browsing the Interchange? I seem to be getting more and more of them each day.


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Interchange troubles:service unavailable
PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2004 1:29 pm 

Joined: Sun Aug 22, 2004 7:19 am
Posts: 6464
Location: southeastern USA
Me too Mike, pleased it wasn't just me. I figured it had to do with the metric system somehow......

dave

_________________
“God, the beautiful racket of it all: the sighing and hissing, the rattle and clack of the cars over the rails. These were the sounds that made America the greatest country on earth." Jonathan Evison


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Interchange troubles:service unavailable
PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2004 9:09 pm 

Joined: Sun Aug 22, 2004 5:15 am
Posts: 718
Location: Illinois
Add my name to list with the same problem. Sometimes that seems to happen when I first try to view a post, sometimes when I have read it and try to use the left arrow to return to the index.

I have found no other way but to go back to the rypn.org address, and start over. Interestingly this does not cause me to be logged off the site.

Bob Kutella


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Interchange troubles:service unavailable
PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2004 9:38 pm 

Joined: Sun Aug 22, 2004 8:34 pm
Posts: 670
Location: Union, IL
I have been getting those "Sevice Unavailable" pages not only on the Interchange but also on the RyPN home page.

_________________
Frank Hicks
Preserved North American Electric Railway Equipment News
Hicks Car Works


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Interchange troubles:service unavailable
PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2004 12:10 am 

Joined: Thu Aug 19, 2004 2:01 pm
Posts: 213
Location: Seattle, WA
I was at work today and checked in a couple of times, and I got the Service Unavailable message.

Seems to be OK now.

This is not a problem with the Interchange directly. The database for the Interchange resides on another server. When the service interruptions happen it's because the RyPN's home server gets over loaded.

This will happen occasionally but I concur that for a brief period this afternoon it was bad. I am hoping that was an anomaly. But if it persists please let me know.

_________________
Hume Kading
Don't eat live food.


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Interchange troubles:service unavailable
PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2004 11:38 am 

Joined: Mon Aug 30, 2004 3:45 pm
Posts: 362
I had same problem and like you,upon re-entering system, came right back to the site, but otherwise, other than that minor inconvenience, I did get on. ?????


Offline
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to: