It is currently Fri Oct 02, 2026 9:56 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: the Lost Engines
PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2005 10:20 am 

Joined: Sun Aug 22, 2004 5:58 pm
Posts: 1084
.anything new with The Lost Engines?


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: the Lost Engines
PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2005 2:58 pm 

Hi The Lost Engines have been donated to the Virginia Museum of Transportation. Whether they havve started fundraising or even set a date as to when they will be moved from the Scrapyard to the VMT grounds hasnt been said.Andrew Martin


  
 
 Post subject: Re: the Lost Engines
PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2005 6:45 pm 

Joined: Sun Aug 22, 2004 5:58 pm
Posts: 1084
doowoppie wrote:
Hi The Lost Engines have been donated to the Virginia Museum of Transportation. Andrew Martin
that was the last I had heard. I know there was some concern about the absestos, but what I had heard about that was there probably wasn't much to remove due to the jacketing mostly being rusted away.


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: the Lost Engines
PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2005 9:00 am 

DaveThere is alwasy concern over Asbestos. Lots of the lagging had been compromised on those Steam engines but there is still a great deal of Asbestos left on them and I would think what has fallen on the ground will hve to be gotten up too.As far as what the VMT is doing I dont know. Very little has been said since the last article in the Roanoke times was published. So untill something definitive is stated by the VMT then I guess we will just have to wait and see what happens.Andrew Martin


  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to: