It is currently Fri Oct 02, 2026 9:15 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Thanks! How about steeplecabs?
PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 10:06 pm 

Joined: Sun Aug 22, 2004 8:34 pm
Posts: 670
Location: Union, IL
Scott wrote:
I love this forum. Thanks for all the response. I also remember several MILW steeplecab switchers - any left?
Nope. The three (I think?) MILW steeplecabs were all scrapped.

_________________
Frank Hicks
Preserved North American Electric Railway Equipment News
Hicks Car Works


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What about the Toasters?
PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 10:24 pm 

Joined: Sun Aug 22, 2004 8:34 pm
Posts: 670
Location: Union, IL
scrmcurator wrote:
Uhm, aren't the AEM-7s and E60s technically boxcabs? Or are they classified differently?
You have a point. An AEM-7 is pretty much a straight box body with little streamlining; the E60 has something of a pug nose, so I don't know.
scrmcurator wrote:
Also, I've always wondered how the Little Joes and New Haven "Jets" are classified. They aren't boxcabs, and they aren't steeplecabs either. What do you call them?
I would just call them streamlined locomotives. Anything like a NH EP-4 or EP-5, GN W-1, GG-1 or Little Joe is an example of a streamlined electric locomotive just like a PA or an E-unit is a streamlined diesel.

_________________
Frank Hicks
Preserved North American Electric Railway Equipment News
Hicks Car Works


Offline
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to: