It is currently Fri Oct 02, 2026 10:48 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: B&O Grand Opening / Western Maryland Scenic Visit
PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 12:25 pm 

Joined: Sun Aug 22, 2004 11:54 pm
Posts: 2617
I would like to take a quick minute to compliment both operations on both the nature of the operations as well as the staff. One word of caution: If you decide to try the Chili Verde at El Canuelo in Frostburg, HOT, HOT HOT!!! If you haven't ridden the WMSR, do it. Its was well worth the 140 mile drive. The 734 is one of those engines that looks bigger than it is and is a pleasure to ride behind.


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: B&O Grand Opening / Western Maryland Scenic Visit
PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 1:58 pm 

Joined: Mon Sep 27, 2004 6:17 pm
Posts: 527
Location: Scranton, PA
Since we're passing out accolades today, I'd like to second that thumbs up from Superheater. I wasn't there last weekend, but had the pleasure of riding the train during the NRHS board of director’s meeting a few weeks ago. As I watched the 734 snake its way uphill towards Helmsteader's, it's whistle echoing across the valley, my heart was filled with a profound sense of loss. The sadness I felt was not only due to the loss I myself would feel, but the fact that future generations may very well not have the opportunity to take it all in as I did. It seemed to me that those who come after us will be just a little worse off not being able to feel the ground shake and hear the roar.Seems to be a lot of people that think the mountain side of Maryland will be better off once the hiking trail replaces the railroad. I remembered the town of Cumberland from a visit almost 15 years before and noted how far its come, due in no small part to the railroad. All I could think to myself was "Forgive them Lord, they know not what the do".Dave Crosby

_________________
Dave Crosby


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: B&O Grand Opening / Western Maryland Scenic Visit
PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 4:44 pm 

Joined: Mon Aug 30, 2004 12:36 pm
Posts: 322
Location: Laurel Run, Pa.
As a frequent visitor to the WMSR. Riding it, as well as Carl Franz photo specials. Making many video productions of my own (OH WELL PRODUCTIONS) I have to say, loosing this to a hiking trail would be indeed a shame. These folks know how to run a steam engine! Not some steam locomotive sloshing around some museum with the throttle barely open. They make 734 really get up and shout!Ed K. OH WELL PRODUCTIONS / HORNS INC.

_________________
Edward J. Kaspriske

OH WELL PRODUCTIONS / HORNS INC.

www.dieselairhorns.com


Offline
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to: