It is currently Fri Oct 02, 2026 6:24 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Follow Up on 2005 Railcamp
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 11:57 pm 

Joined: Sun Aug 22, 2004 6:41 am
Posts: 214
Location: Stockton, New Jersey
I just talked to my son tonight. He has been having a great time at the NRHS Rail Camp at Steamtown. He told me that he has learned a lot and met some fine people up there. He has been very pleased to have had this opportunity. I just reviewed a copy of my High Iron booklet by Howard Pincus. I cannot believe that I am going up to Scranton to pick up my son, 32 years to the day when I was helping to coal up the NKP 759 in front of the station in Scranton. I took my son to the site last Sunday and he asked me if I ever thought back then that I would be bringing my son up to Steamtown. I told him never in my wildest dreams. I have found that many scholarships for Railcamp go unused every year. Please consider this if you know someone who might be interested. It is open to boys and girls from 9th to 12th grade and limited to 24 every year. Many of the campers had never been around a steam locomotive under steam. My son told me that it was a great experience just to see to see their reactions to working around a LIVE steam locomotive!!!


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Follow Up on 2005 Railcamp
PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 1:30 am 

Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2005 9:06 pm
Posts: 2567
Location: Thomaston & White Plains
Ron, it's been a long, strange trip, as the man once said. And, it's not over yet. I hope to unlimber the 4x5 Speed Graphic and point it at a hot, roaring 759 in Nay Aug gorge one more time. Ya never know.Glad your boy is enjoying Railcamp; we need many more like him!!


Offline
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to: