It is currently Tue Sep 29, 2026 3:54 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: APTA Conference (Streetcar Subcommittee) - Brookins Museum
PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 9:21 pm 

Joined: Tue Dec 14, 2004 5:45 pm
Posts: 297
Anyone planning to be in Dallas for the APTA/Streetcar Subcommittee meeting in September? I was planning to be in Berea, Ohio that weekend for my dad's 60 year high school reunion, but not sure now due to health concerns. I sent an email to the Brookins/Trolleyville Museum, but no reply yet. Anybody know what their schedule looks like in late September? I understand that they are trying to make the move into Cleveland, but I am curious if there is anything left to see at their previous site.

_________________
Andy Nold


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Brookins Museum
PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 8:13 am 

Joined: Sun Aug 22, 2004 5:15 am
Posts: 718
Location: Illinois
I believe the Trolleyville operation has been closed to the public since last year, ostensibly to prepare for and execute the move. So I would not expect to see any operations although everything is still there. I do not think any structures or sheds have been raised or any of the track lifted.They have about ten months left to vacate the site and are working mightily to assemble a public and private coalition to get a new site and get the move done. From my perspective this is a monumental job and there may be a race on just to get track laid in the new location (once it is agreed upon) and little chance for building construction to shelter the cars. Some of them are quite fragile.They are still lobbying in the hopes of a Cleveland Waterfront site near other attractions, but there are a lot of cooks stirring that stew.Bob Kutella


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Brookins Museum
PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 7:36 pm 

Joined: Tue Dec 14, 2004 5:45 pm
Posts: 297
I was able to talk to one of the Brookins by calling the contact number, but it looks like my desire to see any part of the operation and equipment (old location or new) is not going to happen this weekend.I suppose a drive to the NORM Museum is on the agenda for sure. I had an email from one of the NORM guys, but our email server is in Houston and has been shut down for obvious reasons. If anyone from there can drop me an email on my tnold@northtexastransport.org email address I would appreciate any info on this weekends schedule (if any) and specific driving directions from greater metropolitan Berea.ThanksAndy Nold

_________________
Andy Nold


Offline
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to: