It is currently Thu Oct 01, 2026 11:00 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: TRAIN and ARM 2005
PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 9:33 pm 

Joined: Sun Aug 22, 2004 9:34 am
Posts: 382
ARM is just around the corner and I was just wondering how many of y'all will be attending? Three folks from TVRM will be there.Only one month remains to get the convention rate at the Choo Choo Holiday Inn for TRAIN. October 11th is the cut-off date for the $79 per night rate. Make those reservations now!

_________________
G. Mark Ray - TVRM
www.tvrail.com


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: TRAIN and ARM 2005
PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 11:21 am 

Hi Mark:I'll be at your place in November.


  
 
 Post subject: Re: TRAIN and ARM 2005
PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 3:11 pm 

Joined: Tue Aug 31, 2004 3:04 pm
Posts: 178
Location: San Jose, CA
Mark,I will be headed to Strasburg for ARM and am planning to visit Steamtown and Altoona on the days immediately prior to the convention with alot of driving across PA in between. Sorry, the pocketbook will not allow for a second trip to TVRM.Ken MiddlebrookCalifornia Trolley and Railroad Corporation


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: TRAIN and ARM 2005
PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 5:15 pm 

Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2004 12:41 pm
Posts: 118
Location: Philadelphia Area
Mark, I don't post here frequently, but I will be attending ARM as a representative of the Anthracite Railroads Historical Society. I'm hoping to learn more about what it takes to develop and run a museum and/or archival storage facility. The ARHS Board is making plans for archival storage and working to decide how we should best preserve our collection of prototype equipment. I'm really looking forward to the seminar on Steel Car Preservation, as we own two sister cars to the LV parlor car at the RRM of Pa. Ours have been languishing for too long and really need some attention. I look forward to meeting some of the people I've read postings from on this forum at the convention.WalterARHS President


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: TRAIN and ARM 2005
PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 6:43 pm 

Joined: Tue Dec 14, 2004 5:45 pm
Posts: 297
On that Wednesday, I am flying to Philadelphia with enough layover time to hopefully ride the renewed streetcar line and then catch the 647 Keystone to Lancaster for taxi ride to the host hotel. If anybody is at the station when the train comes in (5:51 pm) we can share a cab.

_________________
Andy Nold


Offline
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to: