It is currently Mon Sep 28, 2026 8:55 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: CNJ switcher restoration
PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 12:04 pm 

Joined: Fri Mar 18, 2005 1:27 pm
Posts: 603
Location: Milford,Mass
What the latest new on that CNJ switcher that was being restored,,,??? any picture's of the restoration,,thanks Pat


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: CNJ switcher restoration
PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 2:23 pm 

Joined: Mon Aug 30, 2004 3:24 pm
Posts: 462
Location: Scranton, PA
It took me a while to figure out which CNJ switcher you meant. I instantly thought of the Pocono Northeast Railroad SW9 no 601. I haven't seen this engine in a long time. But, I figured you were asking about the 0-6-0 steam engine no. 113. I drove to Minersville,PA yesterday to check it out. I had no camera, and the weather was dark and rainy.However, the locomotive looks better each time I see it. This does not mean it will run soon. There were tools and machines nearby. The smokebox and tender look in great shape. The running gear was under a tarp, so I couldn't get a good look. The two coaches they picked up from Steamtown are boarded over in most of the windows, so this will take some time, too. Now, if you mean a different switcher, let us know, to get this thread moving.


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: CNJ SW-1 #1012
PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 9:29 am 

Joined: Mon Aug 23, 2004 8:10 am
Posts: 2499
Tim,Since you brought it up, has there been any effort to save PNER #601, formerly CNJ #1012 from the dead line at RMDI in Coxton, PA?Rob


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: CNJ SW-1 #1012
PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 11:03 pm 

Joined: Mon Aug 30, 2004 3:24 pm
Posts: 462
Location: Scranton, PA
I have heard nothing, and didn't realize it was still in the area. With my limited railfanning of PNER in the early 90s, I never saw that engine running. They preferred the blue switcher, and the ex Pennsy GP9, that is now based at Air Products.


Offline
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to: