It is currently Sun Oct 04, 2026 1:48 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Saratoga scrapping
PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 12:26 pm 

Joined: Sun Aug 22, 2004 9:35 am
Posts: 8139
Location: Wilton, NY
I noted on another list (Rock Island?) that the scrappers working at Laramie had also cut up another unit at Saratoga, Wyoming, that was green. I know they had a former Fort Worth & Denver SD7 up there at one time, so suspect that was it. If so, I think that was the last Burlington Route SD7 extant. The Saratoga-Encampment branch was the one where UP 4-6-0s 1242 and 1243 last ran, as late as 1955.


Offline
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to: